Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September Birchbox

 
 
Birchbox time!  I have always loved miniature items, especially samples.  I remember trying to get the samples in the Sunday paper from my mom and I still take the mini toiletries from hotels.  When I found out about Birchbox I was really excited.  In case you don't know, for $10 a month you can join Birchbox (there is a waiting list) and get a monthly box with 4-5 deluxe size samples of luxe brand products to try out.  Each month is like unwrapping Christmas.  This is the September Issue of Birchbox, they've included their streamlined lookbook and have included items for off the runway looks.
 


 
First up is the Liquid Volumizing Shampoo, Conditioner and Spray.  These were nice products, my hair and scalp are very picky about products, shampoo and conditioner have to be sulfate free for the most part.  I'm sure these would be great at volumizing, but my hair is too thick and too long for them to have done anything for me.

 
 
Twistband is next, this particular one if a Birchbox exclusive that mimics all the lace that was on the runway for fall.  Twistbands are amazing!  These elastics are all in fun, vibrant colors, they do not dent your hair and they double as bracelets when not actually in your hair. Buy these if you use elastics, they give your hair a break and are great for using while you sleep. This is the second one I have received in a Birchbox and I love them.
 
 
 
The Bvlgari Jasmine Noir Eau de Parfum sample has notes of jasmine, licorice, almond, along with other woody and floral scents.  I usually dislike floral fragrances, but there is a good balance with this one and it smells better the longer it stays on your skin. 
 
 
 
 
Now for the best item in the box!  Color Club Insta This! Birchbox exclusive mini nail lacquer.  This is a cobalt blue is on trend for this fall.  I swatched this color, unimpressed, on a color wheel and by the time I put the second coat on, I was in love.  It is so bright it almost looks neon.  I've worn this two times since I got the box and that is major because I change colors every day.
 
 
 
 
And, finally Dr. Jart BB Cream.  This was really good, slightly dark for my skin tone.  I already use the Clinique BB Cream, and I love that product, if I wasn't already using that this would have been amazing. 
 
 
 
 
 
That's it for this month's box!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment